Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Jenna's getting Maa-weed!

We had so much fun celebrating the events leading up to and ending with the Wertz nuptials. Here are some of the highlights....





The bachelorette party.
Morgan, thank you for letting us use your lake house. Sorry for defiling your moose.



It's my bachelorette party, I can rub glitter on my face if I want to!















The couple's shower.
The home of Dallas celebrity chef, Kent Rathbun


Not only was the food amazing, but his penthouse apartment is like an art museum. We spent most of the evening checking out all the cool stuff. Our favorite was this chandelier

It's made from silverware and broken dishes. As Eric & I stood there ogling & wondering if we were cool Broken Dish Chandelier people, we looked down at our scuffed boots and clearance-rack clothes and decided, No. We are Whatever's-on-sale-at-Lowe's people. Although it works well in Kent's place we would look like crazy people if this were hanging in our dining room.


The cake


You'll see lots of photos of cakes on our (my) blog. I am fascinated by beautiful cakes. (Prolly 'cause I like to eat them) I told Eric not too long ago the way to my heart is through a piece of cake and a glass of chardonnay. He can get away with anything if he shows up on my doorstep with cake and white wine (yes, it must be white wine with cake. Red just won't do.)

"What? You spent two grand on a new bicycle because the one you bought last year has rusted from abandonment? But you brought me a piece of cake and glass of wine? Happy riding, sweet-ums!"

The rehearsal dinner.
If you haven't visited the Belmont Hotel in Oak Cliff you must put it on your to-do list. Not only for a fun night at a historic hotel, dinner at SMOKE and a Belmontini at BarBelmont; but also for one of the best views of downtown Dallas


The wedding day...
Started with a lovely brunch at Neiman Marcus cafe.
sidenote: Ladies, the path to the cafe leads you straight through the shoe department. You've been warned.



Followed by hair and makeup in the bridal suite of the Ritz-Carlton. Who needs a honeymoon when you're staying here?!










The beautiful bride









No comments:

Post a Comment