Sunday, July 11, 2010

I shoulda known better

Many of you know Eric and are well aware of his passion for food. I especially loved this about him when we were dating because I had so much fun trying new types of food. Apparently, I harbored a very adventurous culinary side. I'll try anything once. Just ask those fried chicken feet or that boiled tripe!
Anyway, I'd spent the past 8 years (post-college) subsiding entirely on restaurant food and stuff that comes in cardboard boxes.


Anna's Pre-Eric eating plan:


I loathed the grocery store and would rather live off free packets of ketchup than make the monthly pilgrimage to my neighborhood Tom Thumb.
Then Eric came along...
Well, whatdya know? A passion for food equals a love for grocery shopping. I also learned that allowing a foodie into a grocery store unsupervised is dangerous. Like, really dangerous.



Therefore, over the past year and a half I've overcome my contempt for Tom Thumb, Sprouts, Albertson's, Fiesta and the Korean grocery store* and now accompany Husband on almost every grocery trip.
Now, after all that setup I get to the point of this post. Today I made a brave decision to stay home while he went on his Costco / Sprouts adventure. Beaming as he embarked on his path to freedom I yelled after him, "Hey, will you pick up some some crackers? I'm gonna make poppyseed chicken tomorrow night."
An hour later he came home with his loot. Among them, exhibit A:

IMG_3478.jpg

So, does anyone have a good recipe or creative uses for Nutella or Ritz crackers?
Can you put Ritz crackers on ebay?


*All within a 3-minute drive of our house. Don't think for a second Mr. Soon wasn't strategic about Location Location Location.

7 comments:

  1. I found it :)...I miss you...I cried .... Melanie said, "I did not give Anna a kiss"...duh! I love you...thx for everything...
    Love reading about our "twin husbands"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you think would happen if we sent Clayton and Eric grocery shopping together?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nutella with bread (as seen on your picture)?or just Nutella itself??
    Yummy! Says the other Singaporean foodie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will bid on your Ritz Crackers. On the condition that at least one package is gone and one must be half eaten. You have to include these details, and a picture of the half eaten package.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daddy and Ritz Crackers......a staple in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! You're blogging. LOVE the pie chart--"creative use of peanut butter" cracked me up!

    I still can't get over the sheer size of the food you can get in Costco/Sam's. I miss it and think it's weird at the same time! :)

    I bet you CAN put crackers on ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenna - they wouldn't come home... out of fear.

    Joanne - I respect Singaporean foodiness. Especially since I now know it's not just an "Eric" thing. :-)

    Amy - I agree. I loved your post on Jason's trip to Costco. Seriously. WHO needs that much mayo! The only difference? Jason takes pics and laughs. Eric drools and buys.

    ReplyDelete